lundi 25 juin 2007

Not such a fabulous weekend in Rome

My weekend trip to Rome was going just great until yesterday morning. I was on my way to see the Vatican when I was mugged by a thief on a motorbike who snatched my purse. I ended up being dragged down the street about half a block. I am OK but have bad scrapes on my shoulder, elbows, hip, knees, thighs, feet, and my left hand in particular is a bloody oozing mess. But no broken bones or internal injuries.

Fortunately for me, all this happened outside a convent, and the priests and nuns saw what happened and immediately came out to help. They took me to a hospital and then to the police station to file a report. They were very kind.

I have an appointment with the doctor in the morning so hopefully I'll be further cleaned up and on the road to recovery soon. I must say I was not unhappy to be on my way back to Lyon today.

1 commentaire:

Emily a dit…

Oh my god! What a horrible experience. Hope the wounds heal soon.