samedi 16 juin 2007

Joe Dassin and Johnny Cash

When I was in Paris with Pardis and Victoria we took a taxi ride back to the hotel late one night, and we had a quite entertaining cab driver who put music on and made us sing along. The first song was Joe Dassin's "Les Champs Elysées," which I hadn't heard before but its pretty easy to sing along to anyhow. Here is a photo of Joe Dassin in his prime-- I particularly like that he is cuddling up to a bobcat.

Here is a rendition of the song from youtube, alongside a slightly blurry Paris montage. In case you are struck by the need to sing along, here are the words from the chorus:

Aux Champs-Elysées, aux Champs-Elysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie, à midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez aux Champs-Elysées.



The cabbie then put on Johnny Cash, informing us that his mission in life was to introduce Parisians to the man in black. Of course, I already knew the words to those songs!

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

I loved this story, and I want to meet this friendly French cab driver. PS julia - as soon as we got off Skype chat, it started raining like mad, so i did the right thing by talking to you instead of ruining my photos in the park! great to talk to you.