mercredi 20 juin 2007

Nice day

I had a good day today. My boss Mia confirmed that there is definitely funding for me to stay the full 2 years in France, so I don't have to scramble to find a new job in the next 6 months. Then, we played poker at lunch-- me and 5 guys, Julien, James, Mazda, Sebastien, and Jerome, and I won everything.

And tonight I went out to eat along the rue Marroniers to a place called Chez Mounier, which was heavy on the organ meat but had a few fish dishes. I had a salade de chevre chaud, l'assiette de lieu noir en beurre, fromage St Marcellin (a common dessert cheese in these parts) and a tarte citron.

Then, the icing on the cake was coming home and finding 2(!) Entertainment Weeklies in the mailbox.

2 commentaires:

Leah McDonald a dit…

Nothing like a good entertainment weekly to keep you in touch with the crazy Americans! : )

Emily a dit…

Good for you for kicking some male tush during the poker game. And 2 Entertainment Weeklies?! Now, that IS a good day. ;)