mardi 19 février 2008

Paris of the Piedmont

Here is a rap celebrating the Paris of the Piedmont, my former stomping grounds, Carrboro. Lyrics are below.


It's Carrboro

Lyrics: Brian Risk, Billy McCormick
Music: Brian Risk

It’s a place where the hippies and the hipsters meet
Gonna get my grub on at the Weaver Street
Hoola-hoopers out front and they got some bare feet
Got a lot of bongo drummers and a lot of different beats

I’m shoppin at Tha Weave - the total is twenty
He don’t pull out a Jackson, you know he’s droppin’ Plenty
At the Farmers Market I buy my spinich
For the prez I want Dennis Kucinich

Wootini got a lot of funky toyz
If you disrespect you betta bring ya boyz
You know you gonna check my stance, my poize
C’mon Carrboro, let’s make some noize!

If it’s locally owned: It’s Carrboro!
Oganically grown: It’s Carrboro!
Your heart will warm: It’s Carrboro!
Got that hometown charm: It’s Carrboro!

Raleigh and Durham and Fayetteville
If it ain’t in Carrboro it aint worth my skill
I won’t even go to Chapel Hill
My momma cools her pies on the window-sill

Vis to the Art to the Video
Blockbuster; Pay-Per-View; Netflix: NO!
The Viz got the foreign flicks from Hong Kong
Over 21 room to get your freak on

It’s Sunday night; sportin’ my bling bling
OCSC! get that dollar Yeungling
Chillin’ on the crux of Bim and Fidelity
C’mon Carrboro let’s kick some melody

With wide bike lanes: It’s Carrboro!
And whole wheat grains: It’s Carrboro!
Who’s the best in show: It’s Carrboro!
Where you wanna go: It’s Carrboro!

Tylers and Acme and Spotted Dog
So close together, G, you won’t have to jog
Beehive Hairdo next to Maple View
gonna get my ink on down at Glenn’s Tattoo

Every Fall it’s got a mackin’ music fest
Its the Paris of the Piedmont it’s been confessed
It passed the test, it’s passed the rest.
Like Ron Jeremy Carrboro’s been blessed!

We’re cookin’ music so good the Cat’s Cradle meowed
Showin so much respect my sensei bowed
With public schools to make your momma proud
C’mon Carrboro let’s shout out loud!

Babes at Padgett Station: It’s Carrboro!
Mike Roig’s metal creations: it’s Carrboro!
Club nova thrift store: It’s Carrboro!
A DSI encore: It’s Carrboro!

OpenEye Cafe: It’s Carrboro!
it’s cool to be gay: It’s Carrboro!
The kind of dunk you slam: It’s Carrboro!
Where we dropped this jam: It’s Carrboro!

Aucun commentaire: